We wanted to share with the Madden’s community our simple Baked Salmon recipe. One of the best parts of this recipe is the added health benefits of including salmon in your diet. Salmon is a healthy seafood meal option that includes high-quality fats, and is rich in protein. At Madden's, our Faroe Island Salmon is one of the most popular fresh seafood items we carry.
Fresh salmon is a favorite here in the Blanton family; especially with our girls. One of our very favorite ways to prepare salmon is baked in the oven.
Garlic Baked Salmon Recipe Ingredients:
To start making this delicious baked salmon recipe, begin by pulling together all the ingredients. If you are cooking for a larger group you can expand the ingredient amounts to accommodate the amount of baked salmon you will be cooking. We always recommend a half a pound of fresh seafood per individual serving.
Begin by pre-heating your oven to 400 degrees while you get your ingredients together.
- 1 lb Madden's Faroe Island Salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons of butter (¼ stick) (or substitute 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil)
- 1 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 0.5 tablespoons sea salt
- 0.5 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
Baked Salmon Recipe Cooking Directions:
Once you have all the ingredients pulled together, it is time to start cooking your baked salmon. Here are the steps:
- Begin by preheating the oven to 400 degrees (If you haven't already).
- Set the salmon fillets on top of a non-stick baking sheet.
- Melt 1 tbsp of the butter (⅛ stick) on the stove in a saucepan. For a healthier option, you can also use Olive Oil instead of butter to baste the fillets.
- After the butter has melted begin to mix in half of the lemon juice (⅛ cup)
- Baste the salmon fillets with the melted butter- lemon juice mixture.
- Sprinkle the minced garlic and parsley evenly on top of the salmon fillets.
- Season the fillets evenly with the sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Place the fillets into the oven once it reaches a temperature of 400 degrees.
- While the salmon is cooking in the oven, melt the rest of the butter (1 tbsp) slowly on the stove. Once melted mix in the remaining lemon juice and have ready to baste the fillet again once out of the oven
- Allow the fillets to cook for 12-15 minutes. It is recommended to allow the internal temperature of salmon to reach around 145 degrees, but if you prefer a more medium internal consistency you can remove it from the oven closer to 135 degrees.
- Once the fillets are out of the oven, melt the remaining butter (1/8 cup) and mix with the remaining lemon juice (1/8 cup) to baste the fillets again before serving
Madden's Pro Tip: If you like crisp, burnt edges you can also broil the salmon for the last 2 minutes of cooking to crisp up the fillets!
We always recommend using a food thermometer when cooking fish as it can tend to become dry quickly. Madden's customers recommend food thermometers by Thermapen like this one.
Baked Salmon Recipe Final Notes:
The beauty of this recipe is that it is simple and delicious. Using the freshest & highest quality ingredients, such as the fresh seafood we carry at Madden's, always makes the difference for any recipe. If you try it out, be sure to order fresh Faroe Island Salmon from Madden’s.
Be sure to pair it with your favorite side dishes and beverage.